With Pioneer dominating Dj booths around the world with there cdj and mixer hardware it was pretty inevitable that they would be looking at tackling the software digital world of Djing with the relaese of their newest software Rekordbox Dj 4 it seems they are set at conquering this field and judging their XDJ range and from their latest gear anouncement the XDJ-700
After the release of the XDJ-1000 media player it looked as Pioneer took the step to develop a more compact affordable unit based on the XDJ-1000 features, with all the bells and whistles from the XDJ-1000 Pioneer has slimed the 700 down to one of its slimest units to date thus accessorizing the unit with a removable base stand in order for it to sit level with other Pioneer hardware units in the booth.
As with is big brother the 1000 its is pretty kitted out with everything includiing:
- Large full-colour LCD touchscreen and fast track selection - A 7-inch, full-colour touchscreen gives you intuitive control of the player’s features, while the three windows – browse, play and perform – stop the screen from getting overcrowded. Browsing is effortless; you can choose to scroll using the rotary dial or call up the QWERTY keyboard to do a keyword search.
- Pro-DJ features inherited from top-flight players The XDJ-700 boasts most features of the XDJ-1000, many of which are inherited from the flagship CDJ-2000NXS:
- Auto loops and Hot Cues instantly trigger loops and cues you’ve set in rekordbox
- Quantize snaps loops and cues to the beat grid
- Beat Sync matches the BPM of connected players to the beat of the master deck
- Slip Mode silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when you exit the performance
- rekordbox-ready to give access to more features and enhanced track information
You can analyse your tracks in rekordbox and the XDJ-700’s large touchscreen will display:
Wave display with Wave Zoom which allows you to zoom x5 for precision loops and cues
Beat Countdown which lets you mark key points on a track and the player will count down from up to 64 bars away
Phase Meter that shows the position of the beat in the bar so you can compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance
Key Analysis Indicator, a traffic light system shows which rekordbox tracks are in a compatible musical key with the master deck
Active Loops that can be set at the end of tracks to ensure you’re never caught unprepared again
- Pro DJ Link for enhanced flexibility and scope
Pro DJ Link means that you can connect up to four players or laptops via a LAN cable and share one source between them. rekordbox information can be shared across all four pieces of hardware, including the Beat Count, Phase Meter, Beat Sync and Key Analysis.
- Load and browse music using Wi-Fi or USB connection
In addition to USB keys, you can load rekordbox-ready music from PCs, laptops and smartphones using a USB or Wi-Fi* connection. Simply connect a device running rekordbox (PC/Mac) or the rekordbox app (iOS/Android) to the XDJ-700 and then browse and load tracks from the device’s screen. Devices connected via USB will even be charged during performance.
- Compact design stand
Being our slimmest player yet, the XDJ-700 has been designed with the small booth or home set-up in mind. The unit measures just 238 x 308 x 106 mm (W x D x H). Plus the stand can easily be removed, reducing the height to 79 mm – helping it to fit into even smaller spaces.
- USB-HID control of rekordbox dj
- Fully MIDI compatible
- My Settings instantly loads your preferred rekordbox settings
What they left out:
You don’t get that spinning display in the center of the wheel, and the wheel is smaller.
No Dedicated reverse switch or vinyl speed adjust knob
Here is a display of the to give more insight on this compact power gear